RM200 DISCOUNT FOR FULL TIME TCM STUDENTS
This fascinating workshop introduces Ontake warm bamboo – a ground-breaking new Japanese acupuncture technique. Heated bamboo is applied rhythmically on the skin at specific frequencies of beats per minute, according to the meridian affected. These meridian frequency treatments bring about rapid changes in body condition, are loved by patients, and will greatly enhance your clinical effectiveness.
- Introduction to Japanese acupuncture and Doctor Manaka
- Root and Branch in Japanese Acupuncture
- Dr. Manaka’s Meridian Frequencies, Wooden Needle and Hammer
- Ontake Warm Bamboo – Introduction
- Clinical Applications of Warm Bamboo: Whole Body Root Treatment and Distal and Local Branch Treatment
- Dosage and Monitoring
The course will be held on-site at Meridians. Participants will learn valuable new insights from the perspective of Japanese acupuncture theory into the channel system, into dosage of treatment, dealing with sensitive patients and taking the pulse to monitor treatment.
In addition, by the end of the course you will be able to:
- Load bamboo with moxa and light safely
- Perform tapping, tapping and closing, rolling, standing, rocking, pressing, leaning and knocking techniques with heated bamboo
- List and apply the frequencies for each meridian
- Identify deficiency and excess on the channels by palpation
- Apply warm bamboo for symptom relief
- Apply warm bamboo to strengthen the root
British acupuncturist Oran Kivity trained in Europe, China and Japan. He ran a busy London practice from 1987 to 2004 and was a founder member of Toyohari UK, the British Branch of the Toyohari Association of Japan. He lectured in acupuncture at the University of Westminster in London from 1994 to 2004. When relocating to Malaysia in 2005, he became the first Caucasian to join the Federation of Chinese Physicians and Acupuncturists’ Associations of Malaysia (FCPAAM). Oran has taught this remarkable method in Malaysia, Thailand, UK and Japan since 2010. His workshops are lively and informative, with a focus on hands-on practice.
Who can attend?
The workshop is ideally for practitioners with a thorough knowledge of acupuncture theory or TCM students in year 3 and above. For lay practitioners without knowledge of TCM and the meridian system we provide an extended course.
|Ontake Warm Bamboo Workshop|
|Class:||For acupuncturists and
TCM students (Year 3 and above)
|For Tui Na practitioners and other non-acupuncturists|
|Date & Time:||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|Duration:||18 hours||24 hours|
Full-time acupuncture students
(Year 3 and above) RM999